General-purpose, clear RTV indoor/ outdoor sealant. Seals, bonds, repairs, mends and secures glass, metal, plastics, fabric, vinyl, weather stripping and vinyl tops. Protects and repairs electrical wiring. May be applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces.Waterproof and flexible. Temperature range -75°F to 400°F (-59°C to 204°C); resists water, weather, and vibration.
Permatex Clear Silicone Adhesive Sealant is a general purpose, single component, room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) compound, designed for the sealing of mechanical assemblies. Upon curing from the exposure to moisture in the air, this non-sagging paste forms a tough, flexible, waterproof seal of silicone rubber, which resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking.
- Easy application
- Applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Superior adhesion and flexibility
- Unaffected by vibration
- Seals, bonds, insulates, repairs, mends, and secures glass, metal, plastic, fabrics, vinyl weatherstripping and vinyl tops
- Protects, waterproofs and repairs electrical wiring
- Waterproof, flexible and shock resistant
- -60 to 204 degree C, -80 to 450 degree Fahrenheit temperature range
- Resists oil, water, weather, vibration, grease and shop fluids
- For Automotive: Windshields, door frames, electrical connections, vinyl tops, seams and roofs (Not recommended for engine gasket applications)
- For Marine: Windshields, hatches, electrical connections, seams and roofs
- For Heavy Duty: Windshields
- Chemical Type: Acetoxy silicone rubber
- Appearance: Clear, non-sag paste
- Odor Scent: Acetic Acid
- Type: General Purpose
- Size: 3 Oz
- Packing Type: Tube
- V O C Content: 3 %
- Drying Time: 24 hr
- Applicable Materials: Concrete, Stone, Wood
- Application Time: 1 hr
- Standards: ANSI/NSF 51
- Composition: RTV Silicone, Poly Hydroxy, Amorphous Silica
- Flammability Rating: 1
- Specific Gravity: 1.01
- Extrusion rate @ 25_C, (grams/min): >220
- Flash Point °C, °F: >93 (>200)
Typical Curing Performance:
Permatex Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant cures on exposure to moisture in the air. The product cures tack free in 1 hour and fully cures in 24 hours. Cure times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap. Note: The curing process can cause corrosion to some surfaces, for critical applications use the Ultra Series silicones.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.