Oatey Heavy Duty Clear PVC Solvent Cement is recommended for solvent welding all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 12” diameter, and non-pressure applications up to 18” with interference fit. Heavy Duty Clear PVC Solvent Cement can be used for potable water, sewer and drain, waste and vent systems. This product is compliant with California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1168 and Ozone Transport Commission (OTC) regulations for Volatile Organic Compound emission levels.
- Size: 4 Oz.
- Heavy Duty Clear cement for use on all schedules and classes PVC pipe and fitting up to 12” diameter with interference fit, up to 18” for non-pressure.
- Lo-V.O.C. Solvent Cement meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements.
- Thick formula fills gaps in large diameter pipe and loose fitting joints.
- Recommended for potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV.
- Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C.
- Meets ASTM D-2564.
- Appearance Clear Liquid
- Viscosity min. 1600 cps @ 73° F ± 2° F
- Density 7.86 ± 0.2 lbs/gallon
- Shelf Life 3 years from manufacture date
- Maximum VOC per SCAQMD 1168/316A or BAAQMD
- Method 40: 510 g/L
Lap Shear Strength (minimum per ASTM Standards):
- 2 hours 250 psi
- 16 hours 500 psi
- 72 hours 900 psi
Set Up Time:
- 30° F to 50° F 4 – 5 minutes
- 50° F to 70° F 2 – 3 minutes
- 70° F to 90° F 1 – 2 minutes