Low odor formula! General-purpose, black RTV indoor/outdoor sealant. Seals, bonds, repairs, mends and secures glass, metal, plastics, fabric, vinyl, weather stripping and vinyl tops. Protects and repairs electrical wiring. May be applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces. Temperature range -75°F to 450°F (-59°C to 232°C); resists water, weather, and vibration.
Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant (low odor formula) is a general purpose, single component, room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) compound, designed for the sealing of mechanical assemblies. Upon curing from the exposure to moisture in the air, this non-sagging paste forms a tough, flexible, waterproof seal of silicone rubber, which resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. Note: Not recommended for engine gasketing applications.
- Low odor formula
- Easy application
- Superior adhesion and flexibility
- Unaffected by vibration
- Seals, bonds, insulates, repairs, mends, and secures glass, metal, plastic, fabrics, vinyl weather stripping and vinyl tops
- Protects and repairs electrical wiring
- May be applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Waterproof, flexible and shock resistant
- -60 to 204 degrees C, -80 to 450 degrees F temperature range
- Resists oil, water, weather, vibration, grease and shop fluids
- For Automotive: Windshields, door frames, electrical connections, seams and roofs, vinyl tops, weather stripping (Not recommended for engine gasket applications)
- For Marine: Windshields, hatches, electrical connections, seams and roofs, vinyl tops, weather stripping
- Chemical Type: Oxime silicone rubber
- Appearance: Black non-sag paste
- Flash Point °C (°F): >93 (>200)
- Size: 3 Oz
- Packing Type: Tube
- V O C Content: 3.2 %
- Form: Paste
- Odor Scent: Mild
- Flammability Rating: 1
- Applicable Materials: Glass, Metal, Vinyl
- Composition: poly hydroxy, calcium carbonate, limestone
- Specific Gravity: 1.42
- Extrusion rate @ 25°C, (grams/min): >250
Typical Curing Performance:
Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant cures on exposure to moisture in the air. The product dries tack free in 1 hour and fully cures in 24 hours. Cure times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.