When a chemical gasket is not an option, Permatex offers a wide range of gasket sealants suitable for applications on both import and domestic vehicles of any model year or performance caliber.
Slow-drying, non-hardening brush-top sealant approved for use in aviation as well as automotive applications. Temperature range -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C); resists gasoline, oil and grease.
Permatex Form-A-Gasket No. 2 Sealant is a black, viscous paste with a characteristic alcoholic odor. It is a slow drying, flexible setting paste that changes to a pliable, non-hardening film through solvent evaporation. It seals flanges, fittings, connections and flexible assemblies against leakage. It increases the reliability of gasket seals.
- Improves reliability
- Extends gasket life
- Stops leakage
- Excellent for metal to metal assemblies
- Flexible setting
- Slow drying, non-hardening sealant designed for sealing cut gaskets and stamped parts
- Allows for easy disassembly if required
- -65 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit temperature range
- Resists common shop fluids and fuels
- Use where sealing is more important than adhesion for valve cover and oil pan gaskets
- Use on gaskets, flanges, pipe joints and threaded connections
- Valve cover gaskets
- Oil pan gaskets
- Threaded connections
- Cover plates
- Hose connections
- Chemical Type: Modified resin, fillers & alcohol
- Appearance: Black paste
- Odor Scent: Alcoholic
- Size: 3 Oz
- Packing Type: Tube
- V O C Content: 11 %
- Form: Paste
- Composition: kaolin, vegetable oil, rosin, ethanol
- Flammability Rating: 1
- Specific Gravity: 1.5
- Viscosity: Viscous paste
Typical Curing Performance:
Permatex Form-A-Gasket No. 2 Sealant once applied, develops a hard, semi-flexible sealant by solvent evaporation. Dry times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap.
The product retains effective properties in contact with water, ethylene glycol, gasoline, motor oil, transmission fluid and sea water.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.