Fast-drying, hard-setting sealant designed for sealing rigid materials and flanges, or patching holes and joints where permanent assembly is desired. Temperature range -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C); resists common shop fluids and fuels.
Permatex Form-A-Gasket No. 1 Sealant is a reddish brown, viscous paste with a characteristic alcoholic odor. It is a fast drying paste that changes to a hard, semi flexible seal through solvent evaporation. It seals flanges, fittings, connections and assembles against leakage. Improves gasket seal in permanent and rigid assemblies.
- Extends gasket life
- Prevents leaks
- Withstands pressures up to 5000 psi
- Fast drying, hard-setting sealant designed for sealing rigid materials and flanges, or patching holes and joints where permanent assembly is desired
- -65 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit temperature range
- Resists common shop fluids and fuels
- Use for freeze plugs, threaded connections and manifold gaskets
- Use on cork, metal, plastic, gaskets, pipes and flanges
- Freeze plugs
- Automotive and industrial sealant for permanent assemblies
- Threaded connections
- Manifold gaskets
- Air ducts
- Pipe fittings
- Plumbing connections
- Chemical Type: Modified resin, fillers & alcohol
- Appearance: Red - brown paste
- Odor Scent: Alcoholic
- Size: 1.5 Oz
- Packing Type: Tube
- V O C Content: 13.5 %
- Form: Paste
- Composition: kaolin, rosin, ethanol
- Flammability Rating: 1
- Specific Gravity: 1.5
- Viscosity: Viscous paste
Typical Curing Performance:
Permatex Form-A-Gasket No. 1 Sealant once applied, develops a hard, semi-flexible sealant by solvent evaporation. Dry times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap.
The product retains effective properties in contact with water, ethylene glycol, gasoline, motor oil, transmission fluid and sea water.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.