Oatey Rain-R-Shine Medium Blue PVC Solvent Cement is recommended for solvent welding all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 6" diameter with interference fit. Where local codes permit, priming step is not necessary for non-pressure pipe less than 4" diameter. Rain-R-Shine Solvent Cement is a fastsetting cement specially formulated for wet conditions and/or quick pressurization. Rain-R-Shine Solvent Cement can be used for potable water, sewer and drain, waste and vent systems.
- Size: 4 Oz.
- Medium-bodied blue cement for use on all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 6" diameter with interference fit.
- LO-V.O.C. Solvent Cement meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements
- Very fast-setting "Hot" cement formulated for wet conditions and/or quick pressurization and fast installation.
- Recommended for pool, irrigation, potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV.
- Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C.
- No primer needed on non-pressure DWV, up through 6” diameter where local codes permit.
- Meets ASTM D-2564.
- Appearance: Blue Liquid
- Viscosity: min. 500 cps @ 73° F ± 2° F
- Density: 7.83 ± 0.2 lbs/gallon
- Lap Shear Strength (minimum per ASTM Standards): 2 hours (250 psi), 16 hours (500 psi), 72 hours (900 psi)
- Set Up Time: 30° F to 50° F (4 – 5 minutes), 50° F to 70° F (3 – 4 minutes), 70° F to 90° F (1 – 2 minutes)
- Shelf Life: 3 years from manufacture date
- Maximum VOC per SCAQMD 1168/316A or BAAQMD.
- Method 40: 550 g/L