Oatey Purple Primer is a purple-tinted primer recommended for use with PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings. Purple Primer is formulated to remove dirt and oil from the surface of the piping, as well as soften the piping in preparation for solvent welding. Purple pigment provides verification that primer has been applied to the pipe surface. This product is compliant with California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1168 and Ozone Transport Commission (OTC) regulations for Volatile Organic Compound emission levels.
- Size: 16 Oz.
- Purple-tinted aggressive primer for use on PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings.
- Lo-V.O.C. Primer meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements.
- Removes surface dirt, grease and grime as well as softens the pipe surface to allow a fast, secure solvent weld.
- For use in areas where plumbing code calls for verification that a primer has been used.
- NSF Listed.
- Meets ASTM F-656.
- Appearance: Purple Liquid
- Density: 6.97 ± 0.2 lbs/gallon
- Shelf Life: 3 years from manufacture date
- Maximum VOC per SCAQMD 1168/316A or BAAQMD
- Method 40: 550 g/L