It is recommended for heavy material removal or coarse finishes. The belt has an open coat, which resists clogging and promotes flexibility. Open coat abrasives produce a rougher finish when abrading difficult-to-sand materials because the abrasive grains are spaced farther apart than they are on a closed coat product. Cloth backing withstands repeated flexing for maximum contouring to odd shapes and corners, and is more durable and tear-resistant than paper backing.
- Size: 3" x 18"
- Grit: 80
- Material: Zirconia Alumina
- For high speed sanding and finishing of flat surfaces on wood, plastic, and fiberglass, grinding and finishing of all metals, blending welds and abrasive planing of wood
- Norton Abrasives manufactures sanding, grinding, and polishing abrasives
- Paper backing, the most flexible backing option, contours to the workpiece and delivers a more consistent finish than fiber or cloth backings
- Cloth backings are slightly more rigid, durable, and tear resistant than paper backing, but can still withstand repeated flexing
- Per package of 2