Temperature-controlled cable runs straight along pipe and valves, held in place by application tape and plugs into grounded electrical outlet. Keeps water flowing down to -380. For odd lengths of pipe over 3/4-inch in diameter, we recommend two separate cables on opposite sides of the pipe with up to 3-feet of overrun at center of pipe run. Metal pipe requires 1/2-inch fiberglass insulation around cable. For plastic pipe, its recommended wrapping pipe with aluminum foil before cable installation. The traditional resistance cable produces a fixed amount of heat based on the electrical line feed. It comes with a built-in thermostat that switches the flow of electricity on and off based on temperature. Cable installs fast and easy.
- Automatic thermostat
- Length : 3ft
- 120 volt, 7 watts per ft.
- "ON"38 F and "OFF" 45 F
- 3-prong plug with ground braid
- For metal and all rated plastic pipe
- Cable can only be applied straight along the pipe
- Use on dry locations only
- Not for underground
- All pipes should be be insulated to provide maximum freeze protection and to conserve energy consumption
- One year limited warranty
- UL & CSA listed