DAP Plaster of Paris may be used to fill holes in interior plaster walls and ceilings. Its easy-to-mix formula dries to a dense, durable finish that resists paint absorption. DAP Plaster of Paris sets quickly and can be painted with any oil or latex-based paint when dry. DAP Plaster of Paris can also be used for mold making, casting sculpted figures, and hobby and craft applications.
- Sets hard in 20 to 30 minutes for quick repairs
- Professional quality, for repairs in plaster walls and ceilings
- Easy to sand and paint
- Smooth, bubble free formula
- Packaging: 8 lb.
- Color: White
Ideal for the patching of interior plaster walls and ceilings as well as mold making, casting sculpted figures and hobby and craft applications. DO NOT attempt to make a cast enclosing any part of the body using this material. Failure to follow these instructions may cause severe burns that may require surgical removal of affected tissues.
Surface Preparation & Application:
- Surface must be clean and free of wallpaper, loose paint, loose plaster, wax, dust and dirt.
- Undercut edges of existing plaster so patch anchors around opening.
- Lightly dampen with water the area to be patched.
- Add DAP Plaster of Paris to clean water in a clean container mixing 2 parts powder to 1 part cold water (40°F to 50°F). Stir to a smooth consistency. Do not mix more material than can be used in 6-10 minutes. Discard any material that has begun to harden.
- Apply the DAP Plaster of Paris with a clean putty knife or trowel filling around edges. Remove excess material so that plaster is level and flush with the surface being patched.
- For large, deep openings apply a base layer and allow it to dry. When the base layer is dry, wet the surface and apply the finish layer to patch. When thoroughly dry, sand smooth. Make sure the plaster is completely dry and hard before painting.
- For mold making, sculpted figure casting, and hobby and craft applications, please see the Technical Data Bulletin for DAP Plaster of Paris- Hobby & Craft.
For Best Results:
- Use cold water (40°F to 50°F) when mixing.
- Sand as needed before decorating. Wet sanding is recommended to avoid creating dust.
- Always use a good quality oil or latex-based paint for a professional finish.
- For repairs requiring a longer work time (over 6-10 minutes), use DAP Plaster Wall Patch.
Clean tools with water immediately after use. Dried material must be cut, scraped or sanded away. Tightly seal container of unused material and store in a cool dry place.